184 Napier Street, South Melbourne, 3205
Tel: 61-3-9699 8844
Micronica SOHOmate HiP-400 Internet Sharer
Click here for
This Product Supports
ADSL Modems, Cable Modems and Dialup PSTN Modems
AND has a BUILT IN Printserver
And YES! It Works With Telstra ADSL System !!!
And YES! It works with Telstra Cable System!!!
And YES! It works with Optus Cable System !!!
And YES! It works with ISDN System !!!
And YES! It works with Telstra NT1+2 ISDN Modem
And YES! It works with IInet ADSL System !!!
And YES! It even works with Dialup PSTN System!
How do you know its GREAT ? Here are some
independent Hip400 testimonials.
* Australian Personal Computer Magazine
- "If getting the most out of an Internet sharing router for the least
amount of money is what you're after, the SOHOmate HiP-400S is more than up
to the task."
- "Packed with features, it not only lets you connect up to broadband
services from Optus and Telstra, it carries a 9 pin serial port as well, so
you can attach a 56Kbit/s modem for use with standard dialup PSTN accounts."
- "What's more it's also endowed with a print server for sharing printers via
its built-in parallel port."
- "If you are looking to share a dialup Internet connection with several
users of a LAN, then you are better off looking at the Micronica unit
(Hip-400) rather than the NetComm."
- "The SOHOmate is easily configured via a simple Web browser interface"
* Unbelievably Easy ! Took us just 3 minutes to set up. It just worked
immediately. Much easier than installing the original Telstra unit. We could
hardly believe it. Absolutely Amazing !
Ryan - Marshall Freeman
* The "Netgear" (other brand) was a real pain with Telstra Cable. Micronica HiP-400
worked perfectly straight away!
* Works GREAT with the old and also the new Telstra Cable Modem and Bigpond Cable
service. No drop-outs all day and no issues logging on.
* I used your Quick Installation instructions for my Mac and it worked
first time. Quick and easy in less than 10 minutes.
* Recently I have solved a problem, put in a Micronica HiP-400 and removed a Linksys BEFXS41, issue now
* Mac World, Australia
- "Micronica has finally overcome the barrier of Telstra's "hearbeat" "
- "The HiP 400S works not only with Telstra's cable internet system (the
one with the "heartbeat" two sizes too small), but also with the ADSL
- "Just so non-Telstra customers don't feel left out, the HiP 400 also
works with Optus's cable internet service."
* APC Magazine
- "Excellent performance and easy to configure."
- "The SOHOmate HiP-400 delivers excellent bang for buck"
- "The HiP-400 is a perfect example of function triumphing over form...it
excels at doing what it is designed for."
- "packed with features that help make it more useful in a small office
- "Telstra's heartbeat is supported straight from the box. So you needn't
worry about connecting to the BigPond network."
- "If the modem support wasn't enough, the HiP-400 also features a print
server so you can share printers via its built-in parallel port."
- "All unauthorised attempts to access your network are logged."
-"There is also VPN support, which enables multiple Point-to-Point Tunneling
Protocol (PPTP) sessions and IPSec passthrough."
* Technology & Business Magazine
- "we were particularly impressed with this particular router, which has
some very clever functions we haven't seen in other products."
- "The Micronica also has a facility for a dial-up connection, in case the
broadband connection fails."
- "This router goes one step further, allowing you to expose computers to
users from selected IP addresses, adding an extra level of security."
- "To sum up, we're not sure why Micronica chose to call this a SOHO router,
since it has applications for businesses of many sizes."
* Dear Ed,
I thought I would let you know that the Hip400 works very well. After getting ADSL today, I connected it and it worked virtually straight away. So far so good. I had 3 computers downloading simultaneously and seemlessly. Its wonderful, just what I wanted. Thanks for you help and
* ZD Net Australia Review
- "Micronica HiP-400: Easy Broadband Splitter."
* Edward, I've tested it (Print Server) from all my 3 computers and it works
* Just letting you know that the internet sharer worked first time without any
problems at all!
John F, NEC
* Just a msg to say that this is a really good product!
Haven't tried it on cable as yet but it works really well with modems - best investment I've made for a long
* All I had to do to get the ISDN working was a reset on the Hip400 then it worked without any issues at all. I also tried turning both the
NT1+2 (Telstra ISDN TA Modem) off, the HiP400 off and the laptop. And once turned back on the ISDN was autodialing which was
Phillip G., Telstra
* As a convergence of functionality its tops!
* The router works with iinet's ADSL service. Thanks for your help.
Micronica SOHOmate HiP-400 is a Router/Sharing device for Broadband ADSL, Cable and Dial up
Modems. It includes a combined 4 port
10/100 dual-speed switch hub and printer sharer. HiP-400 has not just one but two WAN ports to support
both a Broadband ADSL or Cable modem and also another WAN port to support a standard PSTN modem
for locations where broadband internet access is not available. HiP-400 works with all popular Broadband service including
Optus and Telstra ADSL service. This latest model HiP-400S has been specially
designed to also work with your Telstra Cable Modem right NOW ! We have developed
special firmware written for the Australian market to handle your Telstra Cable
Modem and ADSL as well as your Optus Cable Modem. Without the need to run a
special login client on your computer. It has been tested by Telstra and meets the
tricky "heartbeat" signal negotiation requirement which other similar
products can not do, making the Micronica HiP-400 Australia's first
fully Telstra Cable Modem compatible Internet Sharer
that actually WORKS as a "stand alone" unit with your Telstra Cable Modem. And makes it even more
versatile as it allows you to use it in any location that has
either ADSL or Cable Modem or even PSTN internet access. The built in 4 Port hub also allows not only internet
sharing but also file sharing between connected computers. Making it an excellent long term
investment. The Micronica SOHOmate HiP-400 lets you enter your username and
password and the keeps the connection alive 24x7 without needing to keep
your computers on. Or set the timeout to disconnet automatically if you
prefer. All up Micronica SOHOmate HiP-400 provides the ideal all-in-one networking solution to surf the Internet and share
the office printer resources. Its efficiency boosting features will increase effectiveness and save cost in any working environment. It includes the following functions:
- IP Sharer/Router: It connects multiple users (253 max.) to Internet by sharing one
existing Broadband ADSL, Cable Modem or PSTN Modem and one ISP connection account.
- Auto Connect: You don't need any computer switched on to keep
your link up. Disconnection timeout is configurable.
- Print Server: Provides network printing function. Built in print
server with parallel printer port allows all LAN users to share a printer.
- Firewall: Acts as Network Address Translation (NAT) firewall to protect your network from unauthorised
access attempts. All unwanted packets from outside intruders are blocked to protect your Intranet. HiP-400 even logs details of unauthorised attempts and their
- Auto-sensing Ethernet Switch Hub: Built in 4-port auto-sensing 10/100 Ethernet switch
- VPN supported: Supports MULTIPLE PPTP sessions and allows you to set up VPN server and VPN
clients. Multiple IPSec passthrough supported.
- DHCP Server: Networked computers can obtain dynamic TCP/IP settings automatically from
HiP-400. Including IP Address and Name Server. Fixed IP addresses are also
supported and can be assigned.
- User Definable Application Sensing Tunnel: Suports special applications requiring multiple connections, like Internet Gaming, Video Conferencing, Internet Telephony and so
- DMZ Host Support: Lets networked computer be selectively exposed to the internet.
Such as an Intranet WWW or FTP server.
- Easy Configuration: Specially designed for non-technical user. Graphical User Interface (GUI) using a web browser. No cryptic commands.
- Cross Platform: Apple Mac OS, Linux, Unix, Windows 95/98 and Windows NT/2000
|WAN port||RJ-45 x 1|
|WAN speed||10Mbps (IEEE 802.3 10BaseT)|
|LAN port||RJ-45 x 4|
|LAN speed||10/100Mbps Dual-Speed Switch
(IEEE 802.3/802.3u 10/100BaseT)
|Printer port||1 (female DB25)|
|COM port||RS232 (male DB9) x 1|
|Platform support||Win95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix LPR|
|Configuration and Management|
|Win AP monitoring||YES|
|Upgrade method||FTP or Windows AP|
|VPN Support||PPTP/ IPSec |
|Firewall protection||Built-in NAT firewall|
|Size||195 x 115 x 25 mm *(standard metal case option)|
|Operating temperature||5 oC ~ 55 oC|
|Humidity||10% ~ 90%|
Useful Information and Help
The REALLY Quick Setup Hints Sheet - All you need to get started quickly.
FAQ and other REALLY Useful Hints
Complete Quick Installation Manual
Complete User Manual
Download and Support
Firmware (1.97g4c Current) - Please read the FAQ Note: Only for our customers in
Australia who purchased from Micronica. Otherwise $90+gst firmware fee applies. We recommend to return product to us for firmware upgrades to
ensure they are done properly. Cost:$50+gst+delivery. Firmware problems caused by user upgrades are not covered by warranty
and service fee $90+gst applies.
Instructions - HiP-400 Print Server for Windows XP,
Windows 7 and Unix-like Systems such as Mac OSX etc.
Software - HiP-400 Print Server for Win 9x
Software - HiP-400 Print Server for Win NT and Win 2000
Need more ports ? No problem ! Connect HiP-400 to your existing Switch/Hub
or get our 8 or 16 Port Micronica SOHOmate HiS-8 or HiS-16 High Speed 10/100/1000 N-Way Switch Hub. Both Desktop and Rack Mountable versions are avaialable. Call for
current competitive price.
Where can you buy one ? It's quick and easy !
You can visit one of our resellers in your area (not all resellers support
all products) or order directly from MICRONICA
if you like:
Micronica On Line Order
Dealers In Your
[ On Line Ordering
| MICRONICA Main Page
| Product Catalog ]
- Worldwide Distributor -
184 Napier Street, South Melbourne, 3205 Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Tel: (03) 96998844
>> Email Enquiry <<